Module Reflection

 Module Learning


When i first attended this module, i quickly realised how much of information and experience I lacked in writing technical report. With the first task being the reader response draft, Prof Brad and myself could see the gaps in my writing skills, be it as simple as not knowing how to correctly implement the APA style for citation of sources to the general flow of my essay being confusing. As such, I knew this was a major weakness I had to tackle sooner rather than later as it will affect my future reports in the coming years as an undergraduate student as well as a working adult in the future. 

As for my public speaking skills, i generally did not have an issue speaking up from my time in polytechnic to now, but i did also realise that i am not the best. Just by presenting with my fellow team mates, i immediately knew my standard was sub par and i have to raise my standards in future presentations. Important pointers such as posture, tonality and even simple hand gestures can go a long way in displaying one's confidence when presenting. At that juncture, the audience can even forget the information shared but they definitely will be interested to hear the speaker more in the future. 

All in all, the above mentioned if condensed, just proves that the challenges faced were quickly analyzed, and with the help of Prof Brad and my fellow classmates, constructive feedback coupled with constant discussion helped me to raise my levels of confidence. Although the stringent deadlines did hinder my level of effort, it just proved that time management and commitment are values that you need to master in any phase of your life, and being an undergrad student is no different. 


Project Learning

Every phase of this project proved to be tedious and required meticulous thinking as well as required my team mates and I to be on the same wavelength so that we can pump out ideas that work towards a common goal. We all know that this is easier said than done, and this project confirmed it no further. The start of the project was smooth, with the goal of using exoskeletons as the base of our project gave us a broad range of ideas, from adjusting the weight of the exoskeleton by changing its material or implementing fictional technology as the infamous Dr. Octopus from Spiderman 2. Through further discussions, we came to a consensus that simply applying the current AI technology we know, to the existing exoskeleton models can go a long way in improving its effectiveness in healthcare industries specifically. With this goal in mind, we were quickly able to produce an effective presentation on our innovation. Although our presentation as a group was good, i personally felt that i could do better and not feeling well on the day of the presentation did not help me either. As such that was my only regret throughout this process. In a nutshell, the experience in itself proved fruitful and will definitely aid me in my future endeavors. With that, i would like to thank Prof Brad and my fellow classmates for provding me a comfortable platform that enabled me to engage actively and learn on the go. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introductory Letter

Intepretation of Quote